When we are unable to communicate honestly with each other we are unable to trust. When we are unable to listen to the honesty of another we dismiss information that could be valuable to immediate outcomes and future business.
Healthy dialogue requires self-awareness, courage, reflective practice and an openness/ curiosity for the opinion of others. Unhealthy or lack of dialogue contributes to stress and anxiety – a common treatment for anxiety related disorders is assertiveness training.
- Works with individual defenses
- Provides you with a greater reflective capacity
- Gives you a new language to help you express your needs, boundaries and provide feedback
- Improves your ability to listen to and appreciate the honesty of another
- Assists you with Conflict Resolution
- Provides the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills