A Mentally Healthy Workplace:
- Focuses on the positive aspects of work.
- It provides the skills and knowledge for adaptability and resilience.
- Its leaders work to create an ethical climate that supports healthy mental functioning, good productivity and fulfilling relationships.
- It complements and yet extends the traditional focus of workplaces on risk management and illness.
Here are a few home truths A Higher Self explores with clients:
- Mental Health and Mental Illness are not the same
- No Stress is a Myth!
- Stigma feeds mental health illiteracy, ignorance and discrimination
- Knowing the law and having policies does not guarantee psychological safety
- Myth! Performance management provides equitable and fair accountability
- Conflict is a normal part of life.
A Higher Self is a boutique wellness company that specialises in creating mentally healthy workplaces.
The three areas we focus on are:
For many years research has highlighted the risk factors and behaviours that impair workplace wellness. In Australia stress related absenteeism is already costing Australian employees approx $11 billion /year. Further mental health issues have overtaken physical injury as the largest cause of absences from work.
It is clear that the way businesses are doing things is simply not working. Business has mandated employee Occupational Health & Safety training for the prevention of physical injury for decades. Isn’t it about time we removed the stigma surrounding mental health and now focused on a mentally healthy and safe psychological workplace.
The statistics highlight it matters!